Glossary of Ink Terms
Ordering Ink Cartridges or Laser Toners can be very confusing. There are so many options and abbreviations that you may not know what they mean. That is the purpose of this glossary page. Inkpal.com wants to make it as simple as possible for our customers when placing their orders. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact our friendly customer support team between 9:00am - 5:00pm EST. We can be reached on our Contact Us Page
- Compatible Toners and Inkjets are products that are manufactured by a third party. They are designed to meet or exceed the OEM products.
- "Cyan" is the standard ink color name for the hues used to mix blue shades in a color printer.
- An internal printer device that receives an image from an laser and transfers it to the paper. Drums work in conjunction with toners, as the toners actually supply the ink. Drums lose their photoelectric properties over time and need to be replaced.
- A pair of heated rollers that melts ink toner into paper as it passes through.
-An Ink Cartridge or Inkjet is a cartridge that use liquid ink to print. The cartridge leaves very small droplets of ink on the paper or photo to create an image.
- International Standards Organization
- A printer component containing the dry ink powder to be consumed by laser printers.
- "Magenta" is the standard ink color name for the hues used to mix red shades in a color printer.
- MICR stand for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition. It's a special toner with magnetic particles in it. It 's mainly used for printing checks.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer. OEM products are products that are manufactured by the manufacturers that make the printers. For example HP, Epson and Lexmark.
- Refills are inkjets that are just refilled.They do not go through the same testing as the re-manufactured products. Inkpal.com does not sell any refilled products.
- These are products that are recycled. They are washed, most of the time the printer heads are replaced and then refilled. Make sure that when you purchase Re-manufactured products that they are test. Inkpal.com re-manufactured products are tested and passed the same standards as the OEMs.
- Return Merchandise Authorization
- Standardized Test Methods Committee
- "Yellow" is the standard ink color name for the hues used to mix colors that fall between cyan and magenta in a color printer. It is common yellow.